A beard is a great way to show your personality. It’s also a good way to keep those pesky hairs from landing on your food, or in someone else’s food. But how do you trim it so that it looks good? In this article, we will go over how to trim a beard and how to maintain the best possible look for your facial hairstyle!
Beard styles are trending now more than ever. And, with all the different types of facial hair available for men these days, there’s no surprise why. It allows guys everywhere to express themselves in a unique way. And, how to trim your beard is one of the most common questions that guys ask themselves before they decide how to style their facial hair.
How to Trim a Beard 2022
The first step in learning how to shorten and shape your facial hair is by understanding how you can maintain it properly so that it will not be overgrown. And, the first step in how to take care of your beard is how often you should be trimming it . This is how you can do it
- All of your hairs should be set in one direction. Comb over every inch of your face, including the moustache and lower regions.
- If you want to keep the length at half an inch, go with a four. If you’re not sure what size to start with, err on the side of caution and go larger. As your beard develops more, increase this setting.
- As you move outward, graduate to smaller clipper settings (starting two sizes lower).
- Comb all of the hairs to one side first, then lower the guard and clip on your desired setting. To trim any strays that hang over the lip, comb down over it and remove the guard.
- Shampoos, conditioners, and styling products will keep your hair looking good and healthy.
- Typically, you want to keep your facial hair clean. That means shaving off the neckline of your beard and mustache so that it blends in with your sideburns or head hair if needed. You should also use an electric shaver on any areas where there is excess fuzziness. And, using oil and balm to moisturize your facial hair and skin will help keep it soft and healthy.
When you’re learning how to shape your facial hair, it is important that you know how different styles will fit with the shape of your face. For example, guys who have round faces should consider going for longer beards or stubbles. This will make their features look more angular and masculine. Meanwhile, guys with square faces should also grow their beards out longer and to the side. This will help soften up any sharp angles, which is better for guys who don’t want a beard that looks too angular or pointy.
Beard trimming Tips
- The first step is figuring out how frequently you need to do this. You can ask an expert for their recommendation or just go by how fast the hair grows, which could take anywhere from two weeks to three months depending on how much hair you have.
- Beard shaping is where the length and style of your facial growth meet. Most men will grow their beards long enough so that it doesn’t require any styling, but some still like to get creative with how they want it shaped up.
- Trim your beard when it’s dry to get a better idea of how it will appear.
- Invest in a decent pair of clippers: They will last considerably longer and are far more durable.
- Brand measurements are just a little bit different, as with clothing. Before you decide on a length, always test it on a higher level of protection. A 4 guard is typically half an inch.
- Because the neck skin may bunch up, be cautious not to scratch the actual surface of the skin.
Garret is a stylist and has great knowledge about beard trimmers. He loves to write about different styling products. He is a part-time traveller and blogger.